List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Tucows mirror.
From:       Brian Elfert <brian () citilink ! com>
Date:       2000-10-27 16:51:24

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Keith Woodworth wrote:

> >>We have a tucows mirror and it pushes about 100Gigs/month out the door.
>
> Is that all for local traffic? How much goes out of your network?

Do consider that Tucows traffic is mostly outbound.  Many ISPs have lots
of outbound traffic to spare.  The only inbound traffic is for the updates
or initially building the mirror.

Two reasons to have a Tucows mirror are to lower your inbound bandwidth,
and to potentially to do some advertising via the little ad you can put on
your mirror.

Brian

-
List archives can be found at: <http://www.moongroup.com/inet.php>