List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: 0-day IOS blues
From:       "Jason K. Schechner" <jas () cais ! com>
Date:       2000-08-31 22:56:42

I had a similar problem in that the 3620's I got a few months ago only had
NM1FE2W's and were loaded with 11.x.  The fastest I could get the AUX port
to successfully transfer the 12.0(7)XK1 image was 19,200 using xmodem
through tip.  It wasn't pretty, and it took nearly an hour but it worked
and they've been up since May with no problems.  My config is very basic
(nothing more complex than NAT and ACLs) and I may not have hit any of the
major bugs in that rev so YMMV.  If you have a 8mb+ FLASH card you could
also load it in that way.  All I had was a 4mb card.

Once you get it working make sure you yell at your reseller - they
shouldn't have allowed the routers out the door without a version of IOS
that supports the FE ports.