List:       inet-access
Subject:    EIGRP in Dial environment
From:       Vernon Brooks <lists () netnevada ! net>
Date:       2000-07-31 23:04:33

I am confronted with a new task on my list, and I am not finding much in
the way of sample configs to get me started.  First, the scenario:

I have several 5x00's, currently just running static routing
internally.  Whenever I have a customer who gets a static IP, I have to
arrange things so they land on the correct box that holds their route.  It
has been this way for some time, and I just haven't gotten around to
looking into it till now.  I know all this will take is implementing
dynamic routing.  I am in an all Cisco environment, and understand the
implications of using EIGRP versus something else.  My main concern is that
I need my access servers to be able to add a customer route to the mix near
instantaneously.

A quick topolgy:

CORE Router running eBGP.  Several AS5x00's, each with an IP assigned in
the same /24 as the core router.  All connected by FastEth.

Currently, any customers who have, for example, static dialup, have their
route statically assigned from my CORE router to one of my AS5x00's.  Then
they must land on that NAS when they connect.  If they don't their route
won't work.  Oh, and I assign the route/ip out of RADIUS.
(framed-ip/framed-subnet)

What I need:

I need for the NAS's to update my core router (and neighbor NAS's) when a
customer connects.  I have several books from Cisco documenting EIGRP, but
surprisingly, very little on the way of sample configs.  I am sure I am not
the only one with this kind of topology.  Can someone who already has this
running throw me a sample config for 1 or 2 AS5x00's, and perhaps a core
router?  I know with something to start, I can save myself a bit of
headache (bear in mind, I have to implement this fairly smoothly in a live
network).  Any comments welcome as well.  I am not dead set on EIGRP, but
from my reading, it sounded like the best option for fast convergence.

----
*  Vernon Brooks - merlin@NOSPAMnetnevada.net
*  Net Nevada Network Administrator
*  Las Vegas, Nevada     (702) NET-2000