List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: How about SBC's proposed DSL monopoly?
From:       Walter Landman <wlandman () ultinet ! net>
Date:       2000-06-29 19:43:56

I am currently a sad Covad puppy.  Here's why.

1) Their NOC told me that they are very overly-utillized.  Why was this
never told to us?  Why did we have to find out months later?

2) From what I hear from huge Covad partners (Zyan bieng one of them) is
that Covad is now not working with ISP's unless they have a  certain
amount of high users.  I remember something like 10000->20000 customers
depending on if you want to sell residential or business.

3) They will not accept orders from any more smaller partners that do not
meet or come halfway close to this quota.

4) Their NOC is a joke.  When our backhaul to them went down, we called
them, and told them about it.  'What do you want me to do' was the nice
friendly response.  I would never recommend having any type of business
with Covad.
--
Now on a positive note, Covad has one installed in the east coast that is
probably the only loyal installer.  He knows who he is.  Their is another

Thats it for now.  Also, I am speaking on behalf of myself and myself
only.

--
Walter Landman			Ultinet Internet Services
Views expressed in this		http://www.ultinet.net

-