List:       inet-access
Subject:    Free 12mb newsfeeds from last week
From:       Avi Freedman <avi () freedman ! net>
Date:       2000-05-29 17:09:16

<disclaimer: I run the Akamai networking stuff>
Sorry for the spam-ish, but I thought many people would be interested.

FYI, last week Akamai and CyberStar announced that CyberStar will be offering
a free 12mbit/sec newsfeed to all Akamai network partners ("Akamai Accelerated
Ntworks") under Akamai's AANP program.  At the same time, Akamai reduced
its requirements for the AANP program to allow any ISP with a T1 of
connectivity and a few hundred kbits/sec to join.

This uses the isp-sat technology, but with a Unix unpacker box supplied
at no charge, and cranked up in speed and with an even faster input
newsfeed.

The feed is available initially over North America, Latin America, and
Europe (and South Africa, for a strange 3-D geography reason); the Asian
feed(s) will be available in July.

http://www.akamai.com/partners/accelerated_join.html or mail to me can
get you more info.

Have fun with pr0n and warez...