List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: OT: Pre-IPO jobs in Chicago
From:       Eric Calbert <ecalbert () retribution ! net>
Date:       2000-04-27 17:18:42

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Sean Doran wrote:

> The problem is that there was a serious disconnect between
> share price on the market and the liklihood of earnings.
> People were speculating plain and simple.  Is there ANY liklihood

	Speculation?  No, I'd say it's more of a calculated attempt
to control the market by people who know they have influenc. Sometime
ago these analysts stopped discussing the profitability of a company and
started making predictions about the valuation a company would have.  If
enough people predict the valuation of a company to be at $800 a share,
eventually enough people buy it till it hits that mark.

	The media tends to focus on big brand name .com sites like amazon
& ebay but all the while other companies are making much more ridiculous
gains (someone should slap George Gilder):

	http://www.msnbc.com/news/399445.asp?bt=cnbc

	Even after this current correction in the market many of these
ISPs are maintaining valuations much higher than what they had only 12
months ago.  I'd say the well is far from dry.

-Eric "Yes, this is a dead thread from last week but I'm slow at reading
this list" Calbert

-