List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Re[2]: Sub $2k Ether switches - still on sale!
From:       Krzysztof Adamski <k () adamski ! org>
Date:       2000-03-29 21:47:03

You are right, but what you want (or should I say "what I want) is for the
switch to add the tag when a untagged frame enters the switch through an
untagged port and leaves through a tagged port. And vise versa.

But since the Cat does this, I was very disappointed with the HP.

Unless my understanding of VLANs is wrong.

-