List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Redback authentication via Radius
From:       Scott Call <scall () devolution ! com>
Date:       2000-02-29 18:44:36

John Alberti wrote:

> Thanks for the help, you confirmed my suspicions.  So I guess we need to
> concentrate on the dhcp relay option... I was afraid of that. :)
>
> What dhcp server are you using and have you got the relay options to work
> properly?  I have noticed the beta 3.0 DHCP server from www.isc.org appears
> to do all the dhcp relay options, but I'm not a dhcp guru...can someone help
> me setup a dhcpd.conf file that uses the relay options to limit IP
> allocations?

The limiting is done on the Redback, it shouldn't (I don't think) require any
special settings on the dhcp server.

  We gave up on 1483 connections because of scale (we're a team of 4 people
running 5 states), since we provide PPP capable CPE.  but when I was test it
before deployment, the isc dhcp server was the one that I used (I believe it's
also the one Redback recommends).

-Scott