List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: bbn, cw, or att?
From:       Avi Freedman <freedman () freedman ! net>
Date:       2000-02-28 19:13:37

In article <100125.01016.7073@avi.netaxs.com> you wrote:

: I have been shopping for bandwidth to compliment our current providers
: (sprint, uunet, globalcenter and qwest).  The 3 on top so far on my list
: are bbn, att and cw.

: I am leaning toward cw, because from what it looks like, they have the
: most private peering, some of which would fill in the gaps for some of my
: other providers (i think cw has psinet and genuity peering for example),
: they have some very killer latency times, reachibility and low packet loss
: on the miq ratings as well.

: Can anyone add anything good or bad about these 3?  I know CW had some
: major billing problems a while back but I have heard that has cleared up.

: Brian

I'd go with ATT or Sprint (Sprint is at 300-350/mb for T3s now).

CW has poor peering with many networks - I'd say about 25% of the 'net -
from my recent experience.

Avi

-