List:       inet-access
Subject:    switch
From:       johan.e2 () spray ! se
Date:       2000-01-31 19:42:00

Hi!

Hope this is the right forum for this question..

I've been asked to set up a network for a office with about 22 users (that will grow \
definately in the near future)..

They want one netware fileserver and one nt server.

After studying the subject (I'm pretty new to networking) I've been thinking about \
using a switch for their needs. But, what would be the best solution for giving the \
users equal access to the servers. I have come up with these solutions

1, Switch where one of the ports are 100mbit and the others are 10mbit, a hub \
connected to the 100mbit to which both servers are connected.

2, 100mb on all ports, that solves that problem - but isn't they a bit more \
expensive?

3, Two 100mb ports and the rest 10mb...

The number 2 solutions seems best to me.. Or?

Thanks!