List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Cisco warranty gripe....
From:       "Al Marshall - Unix/Network admin." <pamars () locl ! net>
Date:       1999-05-31 16:02:48

Good advice, but in my case it did no good.  I think I worked the phone
& e-mail for four days (two over the week-end), both US and overseas TAC.
Once they get the S/N from you and they pull the ship record you are SOL,
I won't even start on the problems getting them to decide who should
sell me the warranty :)  I am so convinced that this is a real problem
that shortly after this happened I dropped cisco from our vendor list
for everything but routers, so no cisco NAS, switches or what not.

--
Al Marshall      "Real Radios Glow in the Dark"     almarshall@acm.org
1+219.665.5638            Locl-Net, Inc.               pamars@locl.net

"A wizard cannot do everything; a fact most magicians are reticent to
admit, let alone discuss with prospective clients.  Still, the fact
remains that there are certain objects, and people, that are, for one
reason or another, completely immune to any direct magical spell.  It
is for this group of beings that the magician learns the subtleties of
using indirect spells.  It also does no harm, in dealing with these
matters, to carry a large club near your person at all times."
-