List:       inet-access
Subject:    Modem number for text pages to AT&T cell phones?
From:       Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay ! net>
Date:       2008-08-12 19:19:21

I use TAP to send text pages to alpha pagers and cell phone.  I have
been using 1-800-909-4602 to send messages to AT&T (Cingular) phones,
but that number started returning busy yesterday and now returns "You
call cannot be completed as dial.  Please check the number and try
again".

I found an alternate number, 1-866-883-7243, and it answers, but it
rejects all the pages.

Does anybody else send TAP pages to AT&T phones?  I know T-Mobile
dropped TAP access several years ago; does anybody know if AT&T has done
the same now?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>
Eat sushi frequently. - Avi