List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Data Colo Facilities in Northern NJ
From:       Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl () beer ! org>
Date:       2008-03-07 16:52:33

On 7-Mar-08, at 9:30 AM, Jeff Koch wrote:

> So, here's the question I have. If the cost of power per cabinet is
> approx $400 and you can get maybe 35 servers in a rack how are
> companies making any money when they sell dedicated servers for
> under $80/month?

I only have experience with one such provider... xlhost.com ... So
far I've found them to be reliable, friendly, and never really
lacking for bandwidth... They get you on the add-ons... ie: did you
want more memory? Another $20/month.  More disk?  Another $30/month,
etc ...

--
Eat sushi frequently. - Avi
inet@inet-access.net is the human contact address.