List:       inet-access
Subject:    CRB on a Cisco 7206VXR
From:       Bradford Ley <bradl () frii ! com>
Date:       2007-05-25 18:55:24

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to set Concurrent Routing and Bridging on a Cisco 7206VXR
router. The goal is to bridge individual T1s on a channelized DS3 onto a
FastEthernet VLAN. So on one side we have a Juniper router which has a
Fast-E connection to the 7206VXR. The 7206VXR terminates the DS3, and on
the other side of the DS3 is a customer router. We want to use a /30
subnet with one IP on the customer side and the other IP on the Juniper.

Here is the relevant configuration we've setup so far (which isn't
working). If one of you can think of something else that would help solve
the puzzle, let me know:

bridge crb

interface FastEthernet1/0.51
  encapsulation dot1Q 51
  no ip address
  no cdp enable
  bridge-group 51

interface Serial6/0/8:0
  description wardnet
  no ip address
  rate-limit input access-group 198 256000 8000 8000 conform-action
transmit exceed-action drop
  no cdp enable
  bridge-group 51

bridge 51 protocol ieee
bridge 51 route ip

The problem, as I see it, is that the T1 isn't going to be providing ARP,
which the Juniper will be expecting. Does anyone have experience with this
kind of setup?

Thanks!
--Brad

--