List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Yahoo lower their max recipts per message ?
From:       Bill Campbell <bill () celestial ! com>
Date:       2006-10-26 19:47:13

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006, Robert Hayden wrote:
>I run a mail server at home (geek.net) for about 12 people total; just
>family and friends.
>
>I reject about 30,000 emails per day with either RBL or user unknowns.
>About 98% of incoming email.

At one of our ISP customer's sites with about 7,600 users, their border MX
server rejects something over 1,150,000 connections a day with postfix
ruless and DNSRBLs.  It uses amavisd-new and clamav to eliminate worms and
phishing attemts, forwarding about 260,000 messages to a cluster of servers
running spamassassin and delivering the mail to user's Maildir mailboxes.

Of the message that get through to the cluster, about 75% of these are
scored as spam by spamassassin.

The incoming volume has increased something like 30% in the last six
months.

On the other side of the problem, we have a customer who runs a fantasy
football site and mailing list with lots of confirmed yahoo e-mail
addresses that just started having serious problems delivering to yahoo.
So far we haven't been able to get any response from yahoo to try to get
this resolved.

Does Yahoo have anything similar to AOL's SCOMP?

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation,
that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the
difference between having our arms in our own possession and under our own
direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense
be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted
with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?''
    -- Patrick Henry June 9, 1788, in the Virginia Convention on the
    ratification of the Constitution.