List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: VPN
From:       Keith Woodworth <kwoody () citytel ! net>
Date:       2005-06-30 21:53:30

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Brent Wiese wrote:

|->
|->>Any devices out there that will bond a 2 DSL connections for increasing
|->>bandwidth on a VPN connection?
|->>
|->>
|->All the "consumer" level devices I've seen that do connection
|->load-balancing specifically point out that the connections are not
|->bonded in any sense of the word. They usually also specify that VPN
|->tunnels must be done through one port or the other.
|->
|->Seems to me the problem would be on the other end - how is the tunnel
|->endpoint supposed to know which port to send traffic to? You'd have to
|->have some sort of VIP, which then would require even more knowledge in
|->the VPN device to deal with IPSEC on a "fake" IP... or am I talking out
|->of my b*** here?

Yes thats the trick is that one of the WAN ports has the tunnel bound to
it so the other WAN interface pretty much sits idle and does not handle
any of the VPN traffic.

http://www.xincom.com/twr603.html

This is one device I found but it aggregates two VPN tunnels over 2 WAN
ports to make it seem like one VPN connection but still not what the
customer wants to do.

We are going to move him to an ADSL2+ circuit as he is less than a
thousand feet from us as the cable crow files to see what kind of BW we
can give him over that type of circuit.

Thanks,
Keith