List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Opinion on Extreme Networks switch/Broadcast storm
From:       Sabri Berisha <sabri () cluecentral ! net>
Date:       2005-03-25 14:40:04

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 09:28:24AM -0500, Jeff Potter wrote:

Hi all,

> >I too have a bunch of 4000m's. I also have an extreme. Extreme won't
> >give me
> >the time of day (or software updates) because I don't have a service
> >contract
> >with them. I registered the switch online too.
>
> I'll second this... our experience with Extreme has been way less than
> stellar. I'd take an "unknown" experience over going back to them
> again.

I have worked with Extreme switches for quite some time, from the Summit
Series to Black Diamonds. In my experience, Extreme switches are very
well in doing a layer-2 job. The fact that you don't get support if you
don't a service-contract is a decion that imho does not reflect the
capabilities of the hardware itself.

--
Sabri Berisha, 			- cluecentral.net
Internetworking Professional	- +31 (0) 6 19890416