List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: IP / Remote KVM Access?
From:       rick () i1 ! net
Date:       2004-08-10 22:15:47

We have the Avocent in place as well.  However, when I was offsite & tried
to use it via a VPN connection, it was a real pig.  So much so, it was
useless.

While on the LAN, it seems to run fine.

Don't know if it's just the way our server folk put it in (without advice
from the network folk) or what, but if you want remote connectivity,
definitely test it so you can return it if necessary.