List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: t1 troubleshooting
From:       Jason Philbrook <jp () saucer ! midcoast ! com>
Date:       2004-08-06 20:15:02

Well, thanks everybody for the various suggestions. The independent does show
errors coming from Verizon at the DSX level via the monitoring features of the
multiplexing equipment used for interconnection.

After much hemming and hawing, I got them to put a Tberd on it at the Verizon
CO for longer term monitoring. They were afraid they might only have one Tberd
at the CO and didn't want to "have it tied it up" with this task. I acted
shocked that they only had one tberd and told them the local verizon guys in my
town have several. Not taking that lame excuse for an answer I expressed I
really wanted to them to hook it up and monitor for errors at least overnight.

Nobody is at the CO for the weekend, so they "won't be able to" (also read as
"aren't willing to") check up on the tberd till Monday.

I just hope they are smart enough to use the AC adaptor instead of the internal
battery of their tberd tester so it can run for almost three days.

Since they don't see problems when they test or monitor it, and iff they
actually have a tberd hooked up to it, that should pretty much guaruantee an
error free weekend anyways :-)

--
/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Internet Access,