List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Sub-delegation of Reverse records
From:       James <james () towardex ! com>
Date:       2004-07-29 20:05:14

> >Last I looked, I don't think ARIN allowed that.  It would bloat their
> >in-addr.arpa files.
> >

> I've done it with a REASSIGN-DETAILED before.  When was it "last you
> looked"?  I haven't done that form of a reassign in well over a year or so.

I believe if you have /20 (I think ARIN dictates, "less than /16 IP allocation")
then you can have ARIN point DNS to customer servers via a detailed SWIP form.

If you have /16 or larger space, you have to do it on your own.
One of my clients who is an ISP, they have a /17 of IP space, and some of their
clients who have /24 are REASSIGN-DETAILed with their own DNS delegations made
by ARIN directly.

-J

--
James Jun                                            TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                        Network Design, Consulting, IT Outsourcing