List:       inet-access
Subject:    RE: Bind to Windows
From:       "Liam Randall" <lrandall () isa-inc ! com>
Date:       2004-05-04 15:42:58

Depending how much effort you want to put into it you could easily roll your own \
script to handle this.  VBScript is trivial to learn (as in you can look it up as you \
go) and Microsoft provides a huge library of "How To" scripts:

Start:
	http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

"Create A Primary DNS Zone" (in script):
	http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/scriptcenter/network/scnet145.mspx

You could either use VBScript to parse your named.conf, but it might be easier to \
prep it with Perl or Awk.

MS notes that this interface is supported on 2003 and 2000 server with DNS WMI \
provider installed; I didn't spend much time trouble shooting it, but the 2000 method \
seems a little flakey.  Seems to work well enough in '03 though.

Good luck.

Liam Randall
Network Engineer