List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: FTP file service for a client
From:       Brad Carl <bradc () netlojix ! com>
Date:       2004-03-17 17:27:08

We offer anonymous FTP access where clients can upload files to an Upload
folder on their website. The person uploading the file cannot see the
files after they have been uploaded based on the permissions of the file.
Your client would be able to access the files based on their FTP login.

They can also have a Download folder which allows the client to place
files to allow people to download files they have placed inside. This
folder will not allow uploads based on the permissions of the file.

Here are the permissions we have set up:

Downloads: rwxr-xr-t (1755)
Uploads:   rwx-wx-wt (1733)

These folders are inside a folder we have named Guest which sits in the
clients root directory.

The amount of space the files use in these folders affects their overall
webspace as well.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Brad Carl