List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Good router for Gig Ethernet/OC3 ATM
From:       Andy Walden <andy () tigerteam ! net>
Date:       2003-12-13 18:38:08

bazyar@hypermall.com wrote:
> I do not think I will be needing ACL's here.
>
> What about a Riverstone 1000? Seems like the same box but slightly slower
> backplane.

Actually, the same backplane (identical architecture), just less slots.
I can't recall what interfaces you needed (gig and atm I think), which
would fill the two slots. If you wanted Fast-E at that point, you would
need to go to the 3000 for the fixed ports on the bottom. Also, if you
have a chance to buy the MPLS-gig cards, they do have additional
hardware space that do allow for full ACL and filtering with HRT enabled.

--
Best Regards,
Andy Walden