List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Welchia
From:       "W.D. McKinney" <dee () akwireless ! net>
Date:       2003-11-19 4:10:46

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 18:57, Keith Woodworth wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, W.D. McKinney wrote:
>
> |->On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 12:52, Terry Hickey wrote:
> |->> Is there an access rule to put in cisco routers to limit the spread of the
> |->> Welchia worm without totally blocking ICMP?
> |->>  I understand it only sends out 92 byte packets...is that 92byte total or
> |->> 92 byte payload?
> |->>
> |->> Terry
> |->
> |->Just throw a Barracuda Networks box in front of your mail server. Done
> |->deal.
>
> Ok I'm trying to figure out how one of those boxes can do anything about
> ICMP traffic? Unless I'm way off base?
>
> Keith

We use 2 products, Barracuda Networks for all Spam/Virus protection and
Pro-Defense for router management and network issues. Pro-Defense is the
product that passively sees all traffic and with the snort module it
really rocks. If you want to stop ICMP traffic that is possible with the
Pro-Defense.

E-Mail me off line for more information on either. Sorry for the wrong
message previously.

Dee

--
W.D.McKinney (Dee)	    | Affordable E-Mail and Internet Solutions
Alaska Wireless Systems	    | for Schools, Libraries, Clinics & Businesses