List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: WTF is going on
From:       "Bob Love" <bob.lists () raha ! com>
Date:       2003-08-15 19:27:28

> MSNBC.com has a live feed from WNBC-NY
> I had two spikes here in VT at 16:10. All has been fine since.
> Scott

This is all pretty funny, in a perverse sort of way...

I'm ex-pat - currently living in Tanzania... utility power here is usually
anywhere between 180Vac and 250Vac with the occasional 440 spike when some
rocket scientist crosses two phases... (We're supposed to be 220, btw) and I
use my generator pretty much on a daily basis due to outages...

Power fluctuations/spikes/general fubar has so far accounted for 1
television, 3 air conditioners, I'm on my 4th fridge/freezer, a couple of
water pumps, and various other miscellaneous items such as wireless gear,
hubs, phone chargers... light bulbs do some spectacular things on a regular
basis too...

Occasional spikes? A couple of hours outage?

LUXURY... Lol

Regards

Bob