List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: ARIN IPs
From:       David Routh <inetlist () davlin ! net>
Date:       2003-07-21 14:54:14

Hey,

Thanks for all the responses...

>http://www.arin.net/policy/transfer.html

Yes, I have done that.

>How will they be merged?

Basically, we'll be re-numbering our ISP into their IP space.  I know,
that's the simple version.

>Probably, but I think it depends on how you are planning on merging the
>networks, and the IP space. My initial feeling is you may not be giving
>this as much thought as it may require. Merging two independent networks
>with different AS/IP Space/IGP/Policies may be more complex then just
>changing the AS number on the core router (which of course requires
>working with the upstream to change it on theirs and modify their filters
>accordingly and making changes in their RR). Working with ARIN to

Thanks...

I have given some thought to it... At least as much as time will allow.
Unfortunately, this was something we had to run with and think as we ran...

Their BGP is currently with only one provider, as a couple of months ago
they dropped the other provider...

I probably should have transferred their ASN as well and simply created a
new network name... But, I'm still learning and as usual it in the school
of haard knocks.

Gotta love it though!

Thanks, David