List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: NFS Failover/Mirroring
From:       Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay ! net>
Date:       2003-06-19 18:52:29

Once upon a time, Brian <signal@shreve.net> said:
> Does anyone know of a really clean solution to doing this?  I am not
> interested in writing a bunch of scripts that hijack IP's and check for
> up states, etc.  I am looking for something already rolled.

Tru64 Unix with TruCluster supports this, but it isn't cheap.
TruCluster is a "single system image" type cluster, where there is one
view of the filesystem shared among cluster members (using a shared
storage array of some type).

Just don't try to run Tru64/TruCluster 5.1B with enhanced security and
cluster members with multiple CPUs - there's a locking problem somewhere
that really sucks. :-)
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>
-