List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Domains registered with a company?
From:       Jeff Lasman <jblists () nobaloney ! net>
Date:       2003-05-31 23:20:13

David Routh wrote:

> Excuse the lack of knowledge but...
>
> Used to be at Netsol you could query their whois servers with a company
> name or handle and get back all the domains listed with that name/handle...
>
> It has been sometime since I've needed to look and that is gone from
> Netsol's site...
>
> Any way to accomplish that?

Not directly, but indirectly this has worked for me in the past.

I call them.  If you're in the US that's now free and relatively easy;
they actually answer phones rather quickly these days; they've finally
learned they're not the only registrar in town.

I tell them why I need the data (If I don't have a good reason I
generally just make one up, such as "we're changing our business model
and we're no longer allowing people to use that nameserver" or "to use
that handle" or "we're shutting down that nameserver and we need to know
who to contact".

They'll tell you they can't do it.

Ask to speak to a supervisor.  At that point they'll either magically
find out a way to do it, or they'll agree to put you on hold waiting for
a supervisor.

Before they put you on hold, let them know that all the time you're on
hold you'll be spending that time moving your domains to another
registrar.

Then do it.  After just one or two phone calls you'll never have to
worry about them again because you won't have any domains left with them
<smile>.

And yes, the supervisors _can_ get you the report.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Internet & Unix/Linux/Sun/Cobalt Consulting +1 909 778-9980