List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: standard ISP practices (esp. logging)
From:       Christian Vogel <chris () obelix ! hedonism ! cx>
Date:       2003-05-29 9:53:53

Hi Herb,

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 04:04:32PM -0600, Herb Peyerl wrote:
> seize stuff.  It's nice to be able to say "sorry, not here. Go
> subpoena our lawyers office".

THAT is a very smart idea!

One additional remark:

There are countries where you are not allowed to store privacy-relevant
data for infinite amounts of time. {I'm from germany, that's one of
those countries... You know, old europe :-) }

For example we erased our radius logs after 90 days (when I was
still in that business) because we had to, and I still think
it's actually a good idea to have *those* laws!

	Chris

--
Printer not ready.
Could be a fatal error.