List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: strange broadband router question
From:       johnl () iecc ! com (John R !  Levine)
Date:       2003-03-31 21:57:42

>> I've been looking for reasonably priced HDLC interfaces that will run
>> at T1 speeds and they're remarkably hard to find.  If I could find
>> some, I know a fair number of people who'd love to build routers
>> around them.

>Contact Sangoma Technologies.
>http://www.sangoma.com/cards_cables/products_cards.htm  I've been using
>one of their T-1 cards on a FreeBSD 4.6.2 router/firewall for some time.

The cards look swell, but at $775 ($849 list) they're not exactly cheap.

The built-in CSU/DSU is nice, but considering that Adtrans go for about
$100 on eBay, it's still kind of pricey.

I don't understand why HDLC cards are so expensive other than that
they're kind of a low-volume product.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
johnl@iecc.com, Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,