List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: imap to imap copy?
From:       Christian Vogel <chris () obelix ! hedonism ! cx>
Date:       2003-03-22 10:21:23

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 04:26:58PM -0500, David Richardson wrote:
> I was thinking about some sort of command line IMAP client (linux) that
> would essentially copy everything through IMAP transactions and save them
> into IMAP on courier as if it was a client.  Network isn't a constraint, size is ~ 150MB total.

there are probably few dozen command-line implementations on unix, the most
popular possibly being fetchmail (http://catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/).

The problem I see: it's most likely that you might have a more or less
complicated folder structure on the source-server which has to be created
on the destination server first. (this smells like perl or python :-) )

	Chris

--
Errors have occurred.
We won't tell you where or why.