List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Max distance from BRI demarc
From:       Jay Hennigan <jay () west ! net>
Date:       2003-03-21 20:44:08

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Mailing List Subscriptions wrote:

> Does anyone know how far I am allowed to extend an ISDN BRI circuit from the
> demarc? The demarc hands off to a U interface.

The total length from the switch to the ISDN terminal equipment can be
5500 meters, or about 18000 feet for a BRI U-loop.

So, the distance that you can extend the circuit from the telco demarc
to the terminal equipment depends on the distance from the demarc to the
central office switch.

The sum of the two has to be less than 5500 meters.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay@west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/