List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Problems delivering mail to AOL?
From:       Bill Brunton <bbrunton () intcon ! net>
Date:       2002-12-19 1:37:26

Here is what I see. They obviously have some fancy forwarding on the
hardware level going on.

 telnet  mailin-01.mx.aol.com 25
Trying 152.163.224.26...
telnet: connect to address 152.163.224.26: Connection refused
telnet: connect to address 205.188.156.122: Connection refused
telnet: connect to address 64.12.136.57: Connection refused
Connected to xg.mx.aol.com (64.12.137.89).
Escape character is '^]'.
220-rly-xg04.mx.aol.com ESMTP mail_relay_in-xg4.7; Wed, 18 Dec 2002
18:43:40 -0500
220-America Online (AOL) and its affiliated companies do not
220-     authorize the use of its proprietary computers and computer
220-     networks to accept, transmit, or distribute unsolicited bulk
220      e-mail sent from the internet.

--
Bill
bbrunton@intcon.net