List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: T3 to multiple T1 mux recommendations
From:       jp () pour ! midcoast ! com
Date:       2002-10-25 13:15:24

> At 04:28 PM 10/24/2002, you wrote:
> >I know it's been discussed here before, but I can't find anything in the
> >archives I have been able to find.  What do people like for taking a T3
> >and converting to multiple T1s for local loop aggregation?
>
> No longer available as of this month... hate when nice products hit EOL,
> but the Adtran Atlas 800 does an admirable job.  I did exactly this with
> multiple T1s of varying strip - Channelized, full T1, PRI... all riding the
> same DS3, but broken out by the Atlas 800.
>
> If you have an interest, apparently only one on Ebay right now... <shrug>

There's usually a couple on Ebay - if someone has a week or two to wait,
they can take their pick.

I have an Atlas890 with a T3 card and a bunch of T1 cards for the purpose
of PRI ISDN switching, which is a little more complicated than just T1-T3
multiplexing. I would have used my Atlas800, but it didn't have enough
HDLC controllers for the PRIs coming in on the T3 card.

For the simple job of bunching T1s onto a T3 I would go with the Adtran
mx2800 or one of their competitions M13 multiplexers.

-Jason
-
Recent archives of the list can be found at:
http://mix.twistedpair.ca/pipermail/inet-access/