List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: capacity of a 3640?
From:       jlewis () lewis ! org
Date:       2002-08-28 1:07:18

It'd be interesting to see what would happen to memory utilization if you
enabled both.  I suspect that would run you out.  The IOS version you run
is another variable, since the 3640 runs from RAM, it decompresses the IOS
image and probably chews up a good 10-20mb or more for the IOS code.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, John Gonzalez/netMDC admin wrote:

> Without either. Altho, it is also doing netflow export, but I have no
> idea how much extra load/memory that creates on the router.
>
> I was under the impression that to do the flow export, it had to use (at
> least) some level of CEF, but I see no lines in the config to suggest
> so.
>
> This router terminates about 6 T1's worth of traffic, nothing large, and
> probably sees a peak of about 4MB max.
>
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:07:40AM -0400, jlewis@lewis.org wrote:
> > With or without CEF and soft-reconfig?

> >  Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
>
> --
> John Gonzalez, Tularosa Communications | (505) 439-0200 work
> JG6416, ASN 11711, johng@tularosa.net  | (505) 443-1228 fax
>       http://www.tularosa.net
> -
> Recent archives of the list can be found at:
> http://mix.twistedpair.ca/pipermail/inet-access/

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |

-