List:       inet-access
Subject:    Belkin UPSs -- can't get technical manuals
From:       dhesi () rahul ! net (Rahul Dhesi)
Date:       2002-08-23 2:42:57

We have some Belkin EL-7 UPSs (uninterruptible power supplies) for which
we need replacement batteries.  These UPSs are 2-3 years old.  The
people who answer the phone at Belkin are refusing to provide any
information whatsoever about these UPSs:

- No replacement batteries
- No replacement battery specifications
- No battery replacement instructions
- No technical manuals

The story we got was the these are obsolete products that are no longer
supported.  But what I am not understanding is why "not supported"
should mean that no technical documentation is available any more -- not
even a web site URL.  Belkin seems to be bucking the current trend of
making technical documentation available online.

Have others encountered similar problems from Belkin?  And have others
found a solution?

I am sure I will with some effort figure out which of the many screws to
open and which batteries to install, but still, I find it unreasonable
to have to resort to this sort of reverse engineering.  And I certainly
don't want to throw away equipment costing several hundred dollars every
2-3 years for lack of replacement batteries.

All responses to the list only, please, unless they are intended to be
private.
--
Rahul

-
Recent archives of the list can be found at:
http://mix.twistedpair.ca/pipermail/inet-access/