List:       inet-access
Subject:    7609 VLAN Limits
From:       "Robert A. Hayden" <rhayden () geek ! net>
Date:       2002-05-24 16:20:14

I can never seem to find a definitive answer on cisco's web site.  Does
anyone know offhand what the maximum number of 802.1q vlans you can have
active on a 7609 router is?  I know the specification called for up to
4096 total vlans (12-bits) and that if I remember, Cisco allows ranges
from 1 to arould 1006 or so, but how many of them can actually be active
before the thing belly-ups?

Thanks, sorry for being a smidge off-topic.

-
Recent archives of the list can be found at:
http://mix.twistedpair.ca/pipermail/inet-access/