List:       inet-access
Subject:    Freebsd on dec alpha entropy question
From:       "Brent Wiese" <brently () bjwcs ! com>
Date:       2002-05-22 21:46:12

Yes, this is more suited for the freebsd mailing lists, but I was hoping
maybe someone here had an answer before I go thru the work of
subscribing to it...

I just installed FreeBSD 4.5 Alpha on a DEC DL10.

After installing Bind 9.2.something, I have to run the rndcconfgen tool.
On Intel systems, you can get entropy for random() by using rnd_control
or something like that and putting in IRQ's to use in the rc.conf.

However, that option is apparently not available on Alpha.

Any ideas how to stir entropy in this case?

Only reference I've found so far online is the FreeBSD notice that
/dev/random had been left out by accident. I do have /dev/random.

Cheers,
Brent

-
Recent archives of the list can be found at:
http://mix.twistedpair.ca/pipermail/inet-access/