List:       inet-access
Subject:    Any consensus on handling misuse of domain name?
From:       "M. David Leonard" <mdl () equinox ! shaysnet ! com>
Date:       2002-01-24 15:15:09

	Is there any conventional wisdom to be found concerning spammers
using a Reply-To address from *your* domain, thus guaranteeing that you
get all the bounces and hate mail?  I know about the Flowers.com decision,
but have been told that that precedent is worth little more than a bucket
of warm spit.  Still, I wonder if it isn't important to at least _try_ to
defend one's domain name against misappropriation, misuse, forgery, and
other various and sundry malicious devices.  Or am I simply being
obsessive about a lost cause?

					David Leonard
					ShaysNet

-
Recent archives of the list can be found at:
http://mix.twistedpair.ca/pipermail/inet-access/