List:       inet-access
Subject:    Re: Price for an ISP
From:       "Don Lashier" <dl () newportnet ! com>
Date:       2001-10-21 7:07:45

On 10/20/2001 at 5:21 PM Roy wrote:

>We are looking at buying another ISP.  Anyone have a ballpark for the
>price per dialup customer these days?  This would be a straight purchase
>of the customer list and doesn't include any other part of the ISP

I was approached by one of the biggies a month or so ago
and they offered $130/customer, customers only, paid lump
sum based on retention after 90 days. I declined the offer
of course and he offered to pay more but said the most they
ever pay is $150. I wished him well as we always get a flood
of new subs when a regional or national buys out a local.

Don
     ISP resources at www.whoisp.com
Don Lashier               dl@newportnet.com
~~~~~~~~ Just say NO to HTML email ~~~~~~~~

-
Recent archives of the list can be found at:
http://mix.twistedpair.ca/pipermail/inet-access/