List:       incubator-general
Subject:    Re: Verification of download pages and links
From:       sebb <sebbaz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-05-01 19:29:13

On Wed, 1 May 2024 at 18:14, tison <wander4096@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebb,
>
> I'm trying to make a reference in the next OpenDAL release, that staging
> the download pages and links.
>
> Here is a technical issue. Before the release is out, which link should b=
> used? IIUC we can use the link at [1]. But it doesn't follow the INFRA
> policy for formal releases. However, before the release it out, no artifa=
ct
> of the specific version is available at [2] or [3].

I think the staging download page should show the intended final link value=
s.
These will not point to an actual file (apart from KEYS), but it
should still be possible to check that the links have the correct
format.

> [1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/opendal/
> [2] https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/opendal/
> [3] https://downloads.apache.org/opendal/
>
> This is the ongoing patch [4] where I left a TODO inline.
>
> [4] https://github.com/apache/opendal/pull/4565
>
> Best,
> tison.
>

> tison <wander4096@gmail.com> =E4=BA=8E2024=E5=B9=B44=E6=9C=8829=E6=97=A5=
=E5=91=A8=E4=B8=80 08:43=E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

> > > The link to the source download and keys and hashes is broken.
> >
> > Thank you! File [1] to fix it.
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/apache/opendal/pull/4547
> >
> > This shows the necessity of previewing the download page. At least sinc=
> > we provide it, we should ensure its correctness.
> >
> > Best,
> > tison.
> >

> > Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> =E4=BA=8E2024=E5=B9=B44=E6=9C=
=8829=E6=97=A5=E5=91=A8=E4=B8=80 08:15=E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A