List:       incubator-general
Subject:    Re: Giving our PMs and contributors triage rights on GitHub
From:       Sheng Zha <zhasheng () apache ! org>
Date:       2020-08-24 20:02:17

+1. Apache is an inclusive community and the individual projects decide what contribution counts as merit in the community. In the case of triaging and project management, it's a very time consuming task and IMO more projects than just us MXNet would welcome helping hands in that area. Now that Github provides the tools, it would be great to enable the projects to have the option of receiving project management as contribution. For this purpose, I don't think we necessarily need to tie it to the committer rights just due to lack of other status in governance hierarchy. In TVM, the practice of recognizing people as reviewers of the project has seen great success and has helped the project grow healthily. This is a practice we are thinking to adopt in MXNet too. Being able to provide project management access to such recognized good citizens will certainly be welcome in MXNet.

Best,
Sheng