List:       incubator-general
Subject:    Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Livy 0.6.0 (incubating) based on RC2
From:       Felix Cheung <felixcheung () apache ! org>
Date:       2019-03-30 5:40:47

I'm happy to give +1 (binding)

But definitely ran into more problems with this and more time than I
anticipated.

checked:
- name includes incubating
- DISCLAIMER exists
Signature and hashes
- LICENSE and NOTICE all good
Copyright year, url to and copy full text for license
- No unexpected binary files (except below)
- All source files have ASF headers
- Can compile form source (with issues)

I switched to another environment, found out I needed to manually  pip
install configparser  just to build (skipTest)

And then without skipTest it failed even earlier on rsc  tests

Running org.apache.livy.rsc.TestSparkClient

Tests run: 19, Failures: 1, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 30.948 sec
<<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.livy.rsc.TestSparkClient

testJobSubmission(org.apache.livy.rsc.TestSparkClient)  Time elapsed: 0.486
sec  <<< FAILURE!

org.mockito.exceptions.verification.WantedButNotInvoked:

Wanted but not invoked:

listener.onJobStarted(

    org.apache.livy.rsc.JobHandleImpl@75805562

);

-> at org.apache.livy.rsc.TestSparkClient$1.call(TestSparkClient.java:101)

And then the earlier python2 utf-8 issue.

Quite a number of binary resources in the src release, ttf, svg etc
also this looks like standard bootstrap script, does it have to be in the
src release (vs to include in binary release)?
docs/assets/themes/apache/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css

if that's doc only there's another copy similarly at
server/src/main/resources/org/apache/livy/server/ui/static/css/bootstrap.min.css