List:       incubator-general
Subject:    Re: Release vote thresholds
From:       Marvin Humphrey <marvin () rectangular ! com>
Date:       2013-11-27 22:41:37

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I am not sure that this is a step in the correct direction.
>
> Dave, I'm sure you realize that your opposition is deeply disapointing to a
> number of us, when we seem so close.
>
> I will work with you to see if we can build what you are currently calling
> the "Incubator Committer" solution into something which can achieve
> consensus.  It is not necessarily going to be easy to get that proposal as
> close as this one has come, but let's try.

It's been 5 days since we last hear from Dave.  It's possible that the
Thanksgiving holiday is a busy time, but we need to move forward.

We're working to modify the proposal for PPMC binding votes to address
concerns about providing adequate oversight.  In the absence of a viable
competing proposal, I expect to initiate a PROPOSAL followed by a VOTE once
the revised version is sufficiently mature -- possibly in a week or so.

Marvin Humphrey