List:       incubator-general
Subject:    Re: [VOTE] Approve Release of Apache Sling MIME type mapping support
From:       Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-28 5:53:35

Hi,

sebb schrieb:
> On 27/05/2009, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Maven reports the following problem:
> > >
> > > [WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered
> > > resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
> > >
> > > The encoding needs to be explicitly defined if the pom uses filtering.
> > >
> > We do not use filtering for now, so this is not an issue.
> >

> You may not have used filters explicitly, but the Maven message says
> that it is using Cp1252, so clearly the encoding IS an issue.

Right. And I agree, that we will setup the resource plugin to force
UTF-8 for future builds (we are currently voting on using repository.a.o
for deployments and as a consequence would the inherit vom Apache parent
6, which IIRC has the resource plugin setup correct).

> > > It would be useful if the Manifest files in the jars contained the
> > > Specification and Implementation entries.
> > >
> > We have the OSGi manifest headers, mostly the Bundle-SymbolicName,
> > Bundle-Version and Bundle-Name headers. These are equivalent. But we will
> > certainly consider adding at least the Implementation entries in future
> > releases.
>
> I am referring to items such as:
>
> Implementation-Title:
> Implementation-Vendor:
> Implementation-Vendor-Id:
> Implementation-Version:
> Specification-Title:
> Specification-Vendor:
> Specification-Version:
>
> Although some of the values are present in Bundle headers, the above
> are more standard for non-OSGI applications.

Ok. We will setup the bundle plugin to include these standard headers.

Regards
Felix