List:       incubator-general
Subject:    RE: [Proposal] NoNameYet : Link Error - please use this link
From:       "Cezar Andrei" <cezar () bea ! com>
Date:       2008-02-27 3:47:31

Quick update, for folks that don't follow Tuscany's dev list:
There is a discussion going on Tuscany dev list whether the SDO part of
the community would like to join the new project in the event it will
get approved in incubation. Once there is a consensus, Kelvin will
update the proposal.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200802.mbox/%3c9
deac9fd0802220827q6a8a5444qb76030296dfa799a@mail.gmail.com%3e

Also, we think we found a name for the project: Davos. It contains the
sdo letters; it's simple, easy to remember and we hope everyone will
like it.

Cezar

Behalf
> Of kelvin goodson
> Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:57 AM
> To: general@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [Proposal] NoNameYet : Link Error - please use this link
>
> On 19/02/2008, Simon Nash <nash@apache.org> wrote:
> <snip/>
>

> > One topic from the tuscany-user discussion that's worth exposing
here
> > is whether the NNY project would be a "pure RI" with no extensions
> > beyond the spec, or a vehicle for innovation to extend the specs, as
> > both Tuscany SCA and SDO have been.  My view is that it will need to
> > be at least some of the latter in order to build a sustainable
> > community of developers and users.
>

> +1
>
> This will create some challenges
> > given that one of the goals of the NNY project is to deliver the
> > official JCP RI.
> >
> > Simon
>
> <snip/>
>
> I just asked a question on the jcp-open mailing list to find out how
other
> projects that do RIs in Apache handle the apparent contention.  It
should
> appear under a February 2008 heading in the mailing list archive at
[1]
> shortly.
>
> Kelvin.
>
> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-jcp-open/

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  \
of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be \
confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended \
solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not \
the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately \
return this by email and then delete it.