List:       incubator-general
Subject:    RE: [VOTE] Remove the 'projects@i.a.o' mailing list (was  [Proposal]...)
From:       "Cliff Schmidt" <cliff () bea ! com>
Date:       2004-10-08 18:33:59

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote on Friday, October 08, 2004 1:08 AM:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>> For "small" projects we have created a common
>> projects@incubator.apache.org mailing list.
>>
>> Over time I haven't seen that a common list is needed, as all common
>> requests go to the general mailing list. In essence, it's not
>> working as the Jakarta commons mailing list, as because most
>> projects have their own dev mailing list. Overmore it seems to be
>> creating confusion in users that only some projects are in a
>> separate list.
>>
>> Therefore I propose that we get rid of it and simply create the usual
>> dev and cvs||svn||commits mailing lists for each Incubating Project.

It looks like it's being used occasionally by the alt-rmi and ftpserver
projects, both mentored by Paul.  I agree it would be simpler to just
give these projects their own -dev list and not have future projects
wonder if they should be involved in the 'projects' list, since just
about all of them are already on their own -dev list and the general
list.

Paul, since you (and the projects you mentor) seem to be the most
affected by this, do you see any objection to this?

Cliff