List:       incidents
Subject:    Re: Re : Large scale scan of port 2401
From:       axess <axess () alldas ! de>
Date:       2001-08-24 21:03:15

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Sevo Stille wrote:

Mr. Sevo

From my experience.watchin defaced AIX systems all day long and
see what port they have open i draw this conclustion.
This has not been added to public notice or i would not have went into
this discussion at all. There is no flaw in it.
Just a way to determite an operating system.
We are  talking about script kiddies that want * to deface.
I also refer to our database. 99% of all defaced AIX has this port open.
Since this has been a long discussion about this i want to point out
once again. No flaw / determite OS and after that exploit the AIX.

--
Mikael Olsson
axess - axess@alldas.de

IT-Security Information Network