List:       incidents
Subject:    Re: Now the kiddiez started playing
From:       Sven Carstens <s.carstens () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-08-05 20:58:42

Am Sun, 05 Aug 2001 schrieb Sven Carstens <s.carstens@gmx.de>:
> Just sitting here and enjoying my new snort rules.
> Then a packet that reports not the codered variant
> but the plain old .ida access warning.
>
> The mandatory look into the payload reveals:
>   the next variant
>
> Only occurance twice from the same ip-adress to the same ip-adress.
> The relatively quick check reveals a dial-up system that claims to use
> an apache server and SuSE-Linux.
>
> Reported him to the provider and we'll see what happens

Seems not the script kiddiez are playing after all!
It's just snort getting tired and needing a rest ?
The double check with the apache logfiles showed that on the exact time
from the exact ip a regular user was just browsing the regular web pages.

Will now treat myself (but not snort) with some sleep.

CU Sven