List:       incidents
Subject:    Re: Malware Site
From:       Paul Laudanski <zx () castlecops ! com>
Date:       2005-11-23 23:57:52

On 23 Nov 2005 namtoor@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi, this site <don't click!> http://sutterhelath.org/index.php </don't click!> is
> spreading malware.  They're tricking people into
> visiting the site via an embedded link in email
> messages.  How should this be reported and/or what
> should be done to get this site taken offline?

All good replies.  Some links that have been omitted:

http://www.antiphishing.org/report_phishing.html

Submit the email to this group.

I'd also suggest looking into some browser based antiphishing tools:

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/
http://www.earthlink.net/earthlinktoolbar
http://www.firetrust.com/firetrustsitehound.html

I know of some more applications that are about to launch which I'm sure
you'll read shortly.

More details on avoiding phishing scams:

http://www.antiphishing.org/consumer_recs.html
http://wiki.castlecops.com/The_Phishing_Scam

Disclaimer:
http://www.firetrust.com/firetrustsitehound_community_groups.html

--
Paul Laudanski, Microsoft MVP Windows-Security
[de] http://de.castlecops.com